- Trendspotting: Chemistries, Manufacturing, EV Market in 2022 - BATTERY POWER ONLINE | We invited members of the Battery Power Online vendor community to offer insights and predictions for the coming year. While each focused on their own industry segment of course, themes included expected continuation of supply chain issues, but growth in US battery manufacturing, and continued updates to chemistries and preferred battery… more..
- Australian Lithium Alliance, Battery Recycling, More: Jan 2022 - BATTERY POWER NEWS | News and updates from around the battery industry this month include an Australian Lithium Alliance, a new lithium-ion battery recycling facility in Georgia, a joint development agreement to explore lithium battery manufacturing, and more. more..
- New Directions in Lithium-Ion Battery Cathodes from AABC 2021 - BATTERY POWER ONLINE | Battery engineers, scientists, investors, entrepreneurs, professors, analysts, consultants, CEOs, CTOs, CIOs, COOs, patent attorneys, business development managers, and sales managers gathered in San Diego—or joined online—for the Advanced Automotive Battery Conference in December 2021. more..
- A Combination of Battery Physics and New Chemistries Will Accelerate Electrification - BATTERY POWER INSIGHTS | New battery chemistries come with tradeoffs. While much attention has been paid to chemistry, the battery cell and electrode design (the physics, as it can also be understood) has not been sufficiently considered. Let’s explore some of today’s trending chemistries and how design can help. more..
- Lithium Ions Traversing the Trees: A Cellulose-based Solid Electrolyte - BATTERY POWER NEWS | The race is on for a solid-state battery that could enhance the safety and performance of energy storage for applications such as electric vehicles, consumer electronics, and intermittent renewable energy utilization. Enter Liangbing Hu and the copper-coordinated cellulose solid electrolyte. In a simple Pyrex baking dish, the team modified cellulose nanofibrils… more..
- StoreDot Announces EV Manufacturing Advance, New Patent, California Hub - BATTERY POWER ONLINE | StoreDot has made several updates this month, most recently their manufacture of silicon-dominant anode XFC cell technologies, ready for electric vehicles, on a production line. more..
- New Products, Partnerships and Technology Across the Battery Industry - BATTERY POWER NEWS | Across the batteries industry, new products include offerings from Eaton, Sensata Technologies, and Green Cubes; company updates and developments from SK Innovation, 6K, Aqua Metals, American Battery Technology Company; and new technology developments from Group14 Technologies and Farasis. more..
- US Automotive Batteries Stride Forward - BATTERY POWER NEWS | At The Battery Show and Electric & Hybrid Vehicle Technology Expo in Novi, Michigan, on the edge of Detroit, several thousand battery and EV engineers and enthusiasts came together with 550 exhibitors to discuss the latest developments in battery technology, shifting consumer demands, market trends, supply chain expansion, and recycling. more..
Graphex Group Announces Alliance with Desatec as Part of Global Expansion Strategy
January 14, 2022
Graphex Group Limited (‘Graphex’ or the ‘Company’) (HKSE:6128)(OTCQX:GRFXY), a world leader in graphite, graphene technologies and products used in electric vehicle (EV) battery and energy storage production, has entered into an agreement with the German company Desatec GMBH (‘Desatec’), an associate member of the TESUCO Group of Companies and a leading supplier of certain industrial materials with a customer base that extends from Europe, North and South America to Asia. Under this agreement, Graphex and Desatec will jointly promote the processing and sale of graphite materials used in the production of battery anodes for electric vehicles (EVs) and to offer …
Sensata Technologies’ New Smart-Tactor Contactors Provide Critical Data to Improve System Performance
January 11, 2022
Sensata Technologies’ New Smart-Tactor Contactors Provide Critical Data to Improve System Performance The GXC and MXC series of smart contactors with CAN bus communication enable fleet managers, OEMs and integrators to make more informed decisions, perform predictive maintenance and improve application up-time. The new contactors are suited for a wide range of military, battery system, energy storage, commercial vehicle, and industrial applications. Sensata Technologies (NYSE:ST), today announced the availability of the new GXC and MXC series of Smart-Tactor™ contactors with CAN bus communication which provide valuable data for improved system performance, reliability, and diagnostics in military, battery …
BSLBATT Launches Portable 20 kWh Off Grid Solar Battery
January 4, 2022
20 kWh off Grid Solar Battery -- Big House, Big Power As a manufacturer of lithium batteries for energy storage, the most important advantage we can bring to our customers is to meet the needs of a wide range of customers, and in response to customer feedback and our survey results, we have found that customers in areas such as Puerto Rico and the Caribbean prefer larger battery storage systems to meet their off-grid needs, so we have produced and designed the new 20kWh off Grid Solar Battery, to meet the needs of these customers! The 20kWh off-grid battery system uses …
ESS Iron Flow Batteries Getting Installed as Part of SDG&E’s Innovative Microgrid to Supply Fire-Prone Community with Safe, Clean Sustainable Energy
December 21, 2021
ESS Tech, Inc. (“ESS,” “ESS Inc.”) (NYSE: GWH), a U.S. manufacturer of long-duration batteries for utility-scale and commercial energy storage applications, announced today that its iron flow batteries are being deployed by San Diego Gas & Electric (SDG&E) in a microgrid project that will strengthen community resilience and back up critical resources in the town of Cameron Corners, California. The ESS solution will be paired with a large onsite solar array to create a zero-emissions microgrid to support numerous critical community facilities – including a health center, a fire station, and key telecommunications equipment – during Public Safety Power Shutoff …
Yokogawa Acquires PXiSE, a Developer of High-speed Control Software for Grids and Renewable Energy Assets
December 2, 2021
Yokogawa Electric Corporation (TOKYO: 6841) announces it has acquired all of the outstanding shares of PXiSE Energy Solutions LLC., a San Diego-based developer of software that enables utilities and other grid operators to deliver reliable and stable power by managing renewables and distributed energy resources (DERs) in real time. Through this acquisition, Yokogawa will build on its capabilities in the monitoring and control of power generation facilities and assist customers in the power transmission and distribution sectors to meet their clean energy goals. Renewable energy sources such as wind and solar PV are crucial for reducing greenhouse gas emissions, however …